1. Step out in thigh-high boots and a miniskirt at least once.
2. Adapt something from a school girl’s uniform –a pleated skirt, Peter Pan collar, or over-the-knee socks–into your working wardrobe.
3. have at least considered the cowboy boot as a wardrobe staple.
4. Take to the streets in a nightgown.
5. Do sequin pants for a day.
6. Go goth, punk, or grunge for the night.
7. Reinvent an oversize men’s blazer as a dress.
8. Blow your next paycheck on a pair of skinny leather pants and regret it (but not really).
9. Wear a “signature” hat.
10. Reference at least two of the following for inspiration: Joan Jett, Jane Birkin, Bianca Jagger, Stevie Nicks, Kurt Cobain, or Anita Pallenberg.
I’ve definitely done #4 ( not literally in a nightgown, but a dress that was lingerie-inspired) and #2. My love for Peter Pan goes beyond just the collar. What about you guys? Personally, these suggestions can be achieved at any age as long as they’re styled right. For example, a miniskirt should be balanced with top that provides more coverage. Plus, as with most looks, it’s all about how you carry yourself; with sophistication and confidence. Age is nothing more than a number!
Image Via: Vogue